8 years, 10 months ago Dr.CatParticipant
Hope everyone is alright. I’ve been thinking that new settings called “Profile Options” should be added to the back-end to have more control over what is displayed inside the actual profile in an organized and user friendly way.
1. One of the first thing that should be added is the option of creating new field with tabs on the top (dropdown is not always good) to avoid the profiles that have additional information getting any longer creating an organized view of the profile. Example: [Profile Details] [Post By User] [Videos] [Pictures] but having the administrator control over how the layout is displayed.
2. The Idea I wish the most would be to enable the administrator to integrate [SHORTCODES] inside an specific profile and/or global but hide the code from the member.
Example: [Profile Details] [Post By User] [Videos] [Pictures] [OTHER]
>This can be used to integrate with other plugins without hard coding example a media plugin shortcode or whatever someone might come up with creating an improved flexibility.
3. Option to define the cover height (Width would not work because I believe it would conflict with profile width)
4. Image album this can be useful specially if the community consist of graphic artist and want to show their art. This should have an option to limit Pictures quantity or Storage cap to avoid flooding your HDD. If possible the option to limit by dimensions.
(Thanks to other plugins the pictures uploaded should get auto resized using “Imsanity” and optimized by “EWWW Image Optimizer” well not sure if they would actually work with this…)
5. bbPress Integration showing post by user and other bbPress data inside a new tab.
(Should have the option to disable just if some admins don’t want to use this) Also the member option the back-end feature for the administrator to enable “Make a field hideable from public by user”
Hope that my crazy ideas work. Go ahead guys criticize them and what you think about them, specially you Ahmed 🙂
have a nice day everyone!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.