Allright so I am trying to setup Userpro to my liking but after some option changes I started getting these error when trying to access different pages in the backend.
I am either getting a frontend 404 Page not found or a 500 Internal Server Error blank page.
When I get the 500 error(rarely) the frontend is down too but, when when it’s the 404 the frontend is okay.
http://www.notjust.info/ – i can make you an admin account and send it to you where you want to see for yourself.
I was using the theme Sahifa and also WordPress SEO by Yoast but I disabled (not deleted) those 2 and still get the same error(s) with TwentyFourteen and just Aksimet active.
Also, these forums need a search function, as support issues gather if there is a solution for some problem people can just search before they post?
Can you please try to re-save permalink structure? 🙂
If that does not work. Can you share wp-admin to my email?
Mail sent. Re-saving of permalinks after thread posting failed due to 404. Permalinks were re-saved though after settings change in userpro (at least I remember I did). See what you can do.
I’m checking your issue now. Moved to support.
I understand you are probably pretty busy due to the increasing popularity of your work but while that is a good thing for you, you should also maybe invest into a support team so you can focus on developing. From what I can see on these forums I am not the only one waiting days and some even weeks for an answer to their issues.
Don’t get me wrong I still support your work, I’m just trying to give you some feedback.
As for my issue since the site is under development I’m just gonna go ahead and try to debug it myself see what exactly is causing the 404 pages and come back to you in a day or two, so don’t close the thread yet.
I won’t close the thread. Please show admin account in a private post so I can look at it for you. Thanks!
Found the culprit! But have no idea how to fix it.
The Google Connect is causing my site to be in a redirect loop. As soon as I activate Google Connect I start to get random “This webpage has a redirect loop.” on the front end and 404 error pages for the back end.
Do you think the setting in General > New User Approval > Require E-mail Activation can interfere in any way? I changed it for the users who choose to use the traditional register way.
I have created a new admin user for you and will post next in a private post, also sent details to your email. Please find some time to look at it. Right now I have managed to disable Google Connect (by refreshing the page until it finally got in) and everything works fine.
Can you please post the FTP of your site as well. Thanks!
How can I see the issue? Your Google+ connect settings are void.
Oh, I thought you would’ve tried with yours.
Anyway they are in now and the site is acting up.
Looks like authentication is not working for some reason. Can you try it on this website(demo)?
I’m not sure what you mean. Try to do what exactly and where to be more precise?
If you can please explain …
Yesterday when I was testing some settings I discovered another minor bug I think.
Here’s the setup I had and notived the error:
Global Options > General > Profile Permalink Structure > Display Name
I use display names with dash.
When going to Edit Profile in front end you get this:
An error has occured
The user profile you are trying to reach does not exist. It could have been removed.
Comnpatibility Settings > Allow Dash for Display Names is set to Yes.
Also, Comnpatibility Settings > Allow Dash for Display Names has no effect on already registered users (prior to installing UserPro). That’s not important just thought I should mention it.
If you need me to post this in the Bug section of the forum just tell me and I’ll make a thread there.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.